• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheelin' in Salsipuedes/Baja Bash

Brady's XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Checking to see if anyone has done any wheelin' down near Salsipuedes, Mexico (just north of Ensenadas) before. I'm going down there this weekend 23rd-25th and was looking for some trails or Jeepin' to do.

Thanks

Brady's XJ said:
Checking to see if anyone has done any wheelin' down near Salsipuedes, Mexico (just north of Ensenadas) before. I'm going down there this weekend 23rd-25th and was looking for some trails or Jeepin' to do.

Thanks

While there maybe some wheel'n inland I don't think theres too much along the coast....too congested. Most of Bajas wheel'n is on roads that haven't seen maint. in two decades(or more) it's more of a "exploring" type of off roading... ie. try'n to get out to a empty beach, a camp'n spot up in the pine forest or in a canyon with a cool water fall up in it.
I've been think'n about try'n to see if anyone from the chapter would be up for a trip down to the south.
I haven't been much in the past several yrs. but did about 40 to 50 trips in the early to mid. 90s. I just got back (in June) from a 9 day trip down there, ALLLL the way to Cabo then to the East Cape for my first Marlin....
I find Baja to be a mysterious, fun, magical and a few other words place...... it's like in the movie From Dust to Glory...you look at her like a girl friend whom from the moment you get there your fight'n and when you get back in the states/home you start calling her to see if/when you can come back over....(this is paraphrased of course) hence planning the next trip.
BLAH blah blah....... hasta
You might ask on some of the racing forums....Jeepspeed....most stuff is further down though.
Have fun, be careful, be respectful basicly just use common sense.. insurance
Curt :us:

Back