• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tow hitch

XJ hitches do not fit MJs. The XJ hitch mounts to the underside of the "frame" rails. The MJ hitches mount to the sides. The best MJ hitch, IMHO, was made by a small company that no longer offers them for the MJ. Bradshaw's sells the brand, and they have confirmed that they can't get them for MJs.

Even the crappy Reese universal hitch for the XJ, which also fits my brother's Nissan pickup, isn't listed for the MJ. The MJ is perhaps the only vehicle in the whole world that hitch ISN'T listed for.

Eagle said:
XJ hitches do not fit MJs. The XJ hitch mounts to the underside of the "frame" rails. The MJ hitches mount to the sides. The best MJ hitch, IMHO, was made by a small company that no longer offers them for the MJ. Bradshaw's sells the brand, and they have confirmed that they can't get them for MJs.

Even the crappy Reese universal hitch for the XJ, which also fits my brother's Nissan pickup, isn't listed for the MJ. The MJ is perhaps the only vehicle in the whole world that hitch ISN'T listed for.

Ooops, my bad, I thought we're talking xj's.

any idea where i can get one i am selling my xj that has a hitch so i will need somthing to tow, my new vehicle will not tow like my xj : :repair: i was hopefull to tow with my mj

Long bed or short bed?

Hidden Hitch has a model listed for an MJ longbed - part #83147

xjohnnyc said:
Long bed or short bed?

Hidden Hitch has a model listed for an MJ longbed - part #83147
Doesn't matter.

The hitch uses the holes on the sides of the frame where the bumper brackets mount, and the bumper brackets are the same for the shortbed and the longbed.

I like Hidden Hitch equipment. Go for it.

That's what I thought. But HH's website says "longbed" specifically.

Back