• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

have 3" lift and 31's dont wanna cut fenders....

angle grinder err I mean ya bumpstops. or bend the fenders out and bolt converyor belt strips to them.

You really didn't provide enough info. 31" is just part. Are the 10.50, 11.50?

Where do they rub, top or back of fender?

Remember, when you lift the front, the axle effectively moves rearward. When your alxe articulates, the arc increases rearward.

While its not cheap, the best approach is to get adjustable upper and lower CAs and at 3" lift adjust them at least 1" longer than stock. You might even go more, but start there first.

I use 31x10.50 for the road and 32x9.50 off road. No cutting, no rubbing in front. Occassionaly I'll get a grunt from the rear when they are maxed out with the 32s.

take a grinding wheel to the part that rubs- i have a 3"/31" setup and, for some reason, mine rubbed on the rear most part of the front flares, when at full lock- come to find out, that part had lost one of the screws on each side, so i simply took off the airdam and trimmed it to be even where that was- NO rubbing even under full stuff now

Can I fit these 33's under my jeep??

I have just over 3" lift in front and about 4" in back. Can I put on 33x9.50 Swampers if I trim the flares some??

Re: Can I fit these 33's under my jeep??

Gonzojeepin said:
I have just over 3" lift in front and about 4" in back. Can I put on 33x9.50 Swampers if I trim the flares some??

15 minutes and you bump your own thread?

probably not boggers or thorntirds, but TSL's or LTB's would probably fit...

if by some you mean A-LOT

I run 3" with 31"X10.5 BFG MT's and only rub on the top of the coil tower at full stuff. I got a set of American Racing rims off of a BroncoII and they make the tires fit in the wheel well very good. I think the backspacing is 4.5" or 4.75" on a 15"X7" rim. I have never rubbed on my fender so I never considered trimming. If you don't want to trim try to change the style of rim you are running to compensate for the bigger tires. If money is tight like it is for me than I would put more bumpstop in it. I got lucky with the rims getting them for only $50.00. HTH

Kim.

thing is if you use the bump stops you are defeating the purpose of the lift and limiting the up travel.

I think everyone tries to save the fenders for a while then eventually give in and hack away

VegasAnthony said:
thing is if you use the bump stops you are defeating the purpose of the lift and limiting the up travel.

I think everyone tries to save the fenders for a while then eventually give in and hack away

:wstupid:

When researching your '1st lift' on your rig, didn't you see any info on trimming?
Basically, anything larger than: 3.5"+lift & 32"+ tires you're gonna trim.

Annoys me when owners try 'n stuff big tires on a small lift-especially stock height!

Last edited:
"I think everyone tries to save the fenders for a while then eventually give in and hack away"

Yup, that's exactly what happened to me. Had the '00 XJ 1 year, in pristine condition, gave it the lift and 33s w/ no trimming, less than 6 months later I took the angle grinder to it. XJs just weren't blessed w/ the wheelwells of TJs.

I'll tell you what, I would (and have) hack my fenders before spending what??? $300+ on fenders? No way, just em. I actually cut mine and mounted my stock flares back on so you can hardly notice. Keeps to Po Po of your 6.

Back