• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SocalXJ/NAXJA Mtn Bike Club first ride

gcurtis

Shirley Temple was a nug.
Hey riders,

Since Moab is coming up and some of you are new to rocks, slick rock, drops and steep ups on two wheels, I'm putting together a "challenge ride" of sorts to save you some scrapes, breaks and wounds on a bike in Moab.

The first meeting will be next Tuesday, meeting at Chapman and Jamboree at 6PM. We have an hour and a half to work on your climbing skills, endurance and some waterfall climbs to help with weight placement and gearing.

Be there!

The bikes need to be green sticker, right?

gcurtis said:
Hey riders,

Since Moab is coming up and some of you are new to rocks, slick rock, drops and steep ups on two wheels, I'm putting together a "challenge ride" of sorts to save you some scrapes, breaks and wounds on a bike in Moab.

The first meeting will be next Tuesday, meeting at Chapman and Jamboree at 6PM. We have an hour and a half to work on your climbing skills, endurance and some waterfall climbs to help with weight placement and gearing.

Be there!
Sorry, got a class till 7pm! But if you want to make it 7:15 I might be interested ;)

gcurtis said:
What night don't you have a class? This is really geared towards you, bastage. I don't want you owning a wrist injury after Porcupine Ridge or the
Slick Rock intro.
I'm free Monday night (and it'd probably would be better to do it before it gets dark too ;))

gcurtis said:
This Monday is bad. My mom is in town (she lives in WA) and is meeting my chick, so there is NO WAY I'm getting out of this one.

Next Monday is on, though.
BRING IT ON :D I'll probably be riding down in Aliso again on Sat too (not this one, but the following one)

gcurtis said:
What night don't you have a class? This is really geared towards you, bastage. I don't want you owning a wrist injury after Porcupine Ridge or the
Slick Rock intro.
Remi class??? Lets just say he has school, you'll start fewer arguments;D I'm supposed to have Class, er I mean training in San Diego starting Tuesday night but Monday would work better.

slowrider said:
Remi class??? Lets just say he has school, you'll start fewer arguments;D I'm supposed to have Class, er I mean training in San Diego starting Tuesday night but Monday would work better.
Well Sep 26th it is then. Hopefully by then I'll clip in and out at will :D (yeah right)

slowrider said:

What are you learning Remi. How to spot people?

What kind of bike do you need for your type of rides grant? Just a standard hard-tail mtn. bike?

-Mike

Just thought I would bring this to the top to see if yall still ride. :sunshine:

-Mike

Mike L said:
Just thought I would bring this to the top to see if yall still ride. :sunshine:

-Mike
Yeah... we do... our cars to work ;)
Actually for now I'm trying to put in couple miles every couple days around town: Nothing fancy, just distance.

So did you go to that bike shop today?

Back