• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC Hose Q

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Found the leak on my AC System, one of the hoses exploded so I go to take it off the resovoir tank and it comes right off but it won't come off the brass/gold colored block where it goes into the Heater/AC box. This is the little hose that runs from the AC tank under the compressor and the battery to the AC/Heater Box. I keep turning the bolt on it but the brass colored box wants to spin too and I'm afraid of breaking it or ripping it off of some mount inside, if I keep turning it while the little box shaped thing moves will I break something? I saw on the hose it said it's 5/16 ID, how much should this cost to replace or get remaid?
Thanks

Year Model? The hose cost is cheap, getting your system pumped down and recharged is going to set you back $150 or so.
BTW you don't want to replace just one hose, if ones bad there all about ready to go.

Sorry, it's a 90 Pioneer w/a 4.0. I already have the R12 so that should hack off some of the price, right? If I replace all the hoses should I have to replace the resovoir & condensor too?

Zoro said:
Sorry, it's a 90 Pioneer w/a 4.0. I already have the R12 so that should hack off some of the price, right? If I replace all the hoses should I have to replace the resovoir & condensor too?
No just the hoses then have it pumped down and charged.

You better change the dryer acumulator it have a dryer element and a strainer inside, probably is clogged and this is the reason of the hose blow. The block you describe is the expasion valve, you can hold it with and adjustable wrench and then unscrew the hose terminal.

Back