• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inner wheel well lining

J98cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I took off my corner guards on my 98 because my tires rubbed alittle and just because Im always changing something on it. The inner wheel well lining is kinda just hanging out there now. Everyone that has a aftermarket bumper looks like they have removed it does it make a difference in mud getting in your engine compartment or on that winshield wiper fluid reserviour in ur wheel well?

Take it out and trash it. One less thing to worry about rubbing on. :)

afd516 said:
Take it out and trash it. One less thing to worry about rubbing on. :)

x2!

I've had mine out for a year- no problems.

Actually I like it better, nothing get trapped up behind it. Just remember to hose it down once in a while....

Pool noodle! :D

When I installed my C4X4 bumper on my 01', the front part of my fender liner was hanging free, so I took a utility knife and cut it flush with the lower part of the front fender.

Do your fenders rust faster with them out from getting hit with all the water/mud?

Well I like the trimming idea instead of pullin the whole thing out. I try to keep as much mud out of my engine compartment so keeping it in there wont be too big of a deal for me.
I would like to get an aftermarket front bumper too but they are so expensive, I guess ill just plan on sticking with some tow hooks for now.

Back