• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A little logic.

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
If you measured from the bump stop to the bump stop tower and then measured how much room between the tire and the fender would you be able to tell if you have enough room? I do realize crawling up a rock will figure it out but i cant seem to think of a place to try it on (for time sake).

not really... it might give you an idea, but the only way you'll really know is by just doing it. for example, my tire rubbed differently when turned in different directions and tucked. it doesn't just rub at the top of the flare - it'll do it all around it.

Any loading docks near your house? :)
Keep in mind - when your rig is teetering on two wheels, or you nose dive into a sand dune, the factory bumpstops will compress a bit further than the static measurement.

Ronbo said:

good call!! there's great stuff everywhere to flex on... do you have a pair of car ramps? place them on opposite corners (right front, left rear), and this will flex you out nicely too...

Ronbo said:
Keep in mind - when your rig is teetering on two wheels, or you nose dive into a sand dune, the factory bumpstops will compress a bit further than the static measurement.

Good idea ill be looking

Access to a fork lift?

Also if the other side is all the way down the angle on the axle will allow the tyre to raise past where it would if both sides were compressed. That is why you have to test by doing like above suggestions.

Back