• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skidplated Question

Depends on which skidplate you want to install and if it's factory or aftermarket. The front skid is the same, gas tank is differant, engine and t-case might depend on which t-case you have.

Last edited:
89limited said:
Iam getting the factory front one for a 97-98. hoping to put it on my 89, the price is right and i cant find them anywhere in my budget.

The fronts are the same and interchangable for all years, I put an 01 skid on an 88

Thanks, that makes me feel a little more at ease about ordering it. I really couldnt see there being a difference. Also the dealer up here list them from 87 to 99 as well. kim

89limited said:
Thanks, that makes me feel a little more at ease about ordering it. I really couldnt see there being a difference. Also the dealer up here list them from 87 to 99 as well. kim

how much is it costing you? I have one here you can have for 20.00 of an 01 plus shipping LMK in a PM if I can help

Gee, thanks for the offer, but it is only costing me $95 shipping included for a brand new one. like a was saying i cant afford any aftermarket plate and nobody in eastern canada has one nor nows where i could get one used. I found the one a im getting in the XJ surplus area at discount jeep parts.com. Agian thanks for the offer. :), kim

is there an advantage to running the front skid plate on a jeep that doesnt see all that much trail duty? i had to take mine off and now i like the extra room up front for working on stuff.

Man, I just gave one of those away 2 months ago....

95 is to high. A used one will work good with new paint.

streetpirate said:
is there an advantage to running the front skid plate on a jeep that doesnt see all that much trail duty? i had to take mine off and now i like the extra room up front for working on stuff.

I put mine on with the nutplate clips from the front bumper. Goes on and off really quick with an air gun.

Back