• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

braided brake hose

mgt

NAXJA Member #653
I am running a 6" lift and wanted to put braided stainless brake hoses in the rear. Any one know the proper length ?

You are running 6" and no extended brakelines right now? You can get RE kits or others that that have the rear at about 18". I think Rusty's sells them individually for about $40. You should be able to use a YJ year brakeline too IIRC...though that may only be for the E-brake.
EDIT-Also you should be able to contact Russell and have them custom make you one (though you may want to look around locally as well. Some brake shops will make them in house too.

do have extended brakelines now just been to lazy to go measure. I'll take a look tomorrow. thanks

I ended up with 23" lines in back and 25" lines up front.

Not a fan of steel braided lines.
Nice bling but I've seen several failures. They have no give and will break if pulled on.
Never seen a stock YJ rubber line fail. If something goes wrong and you catch them they have quite a bit of give before failing.

I have never had any probs with the RE braided lines...and they increased the pedal feel.

Back