• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Steering wheel

bac XJ

NAXJA Forum User
my steering is rotted to hell and is falling apart, look like complete crap, anyone have any sites that sell aftermarket XJ steering wheels with airbags or stock steering wheels?

Not sure if this is all the parts you will need, but there are some on ebay every now and then.

air bag

steering wheel

Not the cheapest way, but it is a stock replacement. Dealer can probably still order them too. What year XJ? The 95/96 with airbags is a different design, and are not interchangeable with 97+.

Well then that auction is selling just the wheel. That would be a perfect replacement for not too much if you want to keep it stock. I dont think there are aftermarket wheels for airbags, are there?

There might be legal issues or insurance issues if you tamper with the air bag. Ive just heard this, never actually seen it though. If you were in a crash (hopefully not), and you were hurt becuase suposedly the air bag would have help, then you might not be covered.

I have a Grant on my 89 with no factory air bag. I love it. Feels like Im driving a sports car with that small a wheel. And its nice not having to turn the huge bus wheel. I didnt hook up the horn becuase I didnt understand how. If anyone knows of a write up on how to do this, let me know.

I have a grant on mine, and I really want to switch back. It's WAY too thick, and I really want to put on a newer style cherokee wheel. Does anyone want my steering wheel/adapter/spacer, and they can pay for another wheel for me on ebay? pm me....

Back