• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replaced everything, DEATH WOBBLE REMAINS!

redyouch

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 95 cherokee with a 4" lift. brand new tie rod/drag link/ball joints/stock trac bar/steering stabilizer. the trac bar is stock and in stock location. the LCAs and UCAs are stock. what is wrong with my jeep?? what else could it be? do i need longer lower control arms?

TIA

DW is most always caused by a loose or defective joint/bushing. The stock control arm bushings are most likely the issue. Also check that the track bar bracket is tight and that the steering box bolts are tight and there are no cracks in the frame rail where the steering box mounts.

old_man said:
DW is most always caused by a loose or defective joint/bushing. The stock control arm bushings are most likely the issue. Also check that the track bar bracket is tight and that the steering box bolts are tight and there are no cracks in the frame rail where the steering box mounts.

X2 check the upper control arm axle bushings, also take loose teh stock trackbar and check teh frame side joint, or start the jeep stand outside the jeep and steer back and forth and watch the front fender to move before the tire, if it does the track bar needs replaced

redyouch said:
i have a 95 cherokee with a 4" lift. brand new tie rod/drag link/ball joints/stock trac bar/steering stabilizer. the trac bar is stock and in stock location. the LCAs and UCAs are stock. what is wrong with my jeep?? what else could it be? do i need longer lower control arms?

TIA
How sure are you about the alignment? What is the caster angle now, you may need to add shims or get longer LCA’s.

not sure what the angle is maybeabout 7 degrees? they toldme when i got it done. the death wobble kicks in at about 50 mph. at 60 it is barely noticable, but past 65 it will go crazy.

redyouch said:
not sure what the angle is maybeabout 7 degrees? they toldme when i got it done. the death wobble kicks in at about 50 mph. at 60 it is barely noticable, but past 65 it will go crazy.

sounds like a tire balance issue, DW usually starts at loer speeds and usually caused by outside forces like hitting a bump....if it does it everytime you drive it is tire balance issue that is setting it off

Back