• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed bastard pack, What coils ??

conway4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 xj sport almost stock ( no doors, carpet, and few other things missing) I decided to build a bastard leaf pack from and old s-10 pack leafs. I ended up with more than i wanted. It isnt my daily driver so i have time to build it up. But I dont know what i should do about coil springs? I didnt measure befor i replaced the leaf springs so i dont really know how much i added. Can i measure the front (from the fender to the center of the tire) and then the rear? Is that a good starting point? I'm thinking i might need 4.5 coils with a spacer. Any ideas?

it should be 4-4.5. i just did the same setup but am still sitting at 3" up front and it rides really nice. have you driven it with the new leaves yet? i love how they flex and give very nice on road handling. i'm probably going to go with re 4.5" coils up front, and hey it it is too big i'll throw a in little bit longer shackle out back.

if you still have flares measure from center of hub to bottom of flare. should be 17.5" stock i believe

Awesome, Thanks alot guys. I did alot of searching today. I think i found out stock measurments on Rusty's (I think) Nope i havent driven it yet. There isnt any really close spring shops to get any leaf spring clamps. Ill get some in the next few days. Rght now it is just rear leafs w/ aprx 4.5" lift and front with .5" (taller tires) lol looks like a shackled up GTO :) thanks for the help. I took a few pics will post soon.

Back