• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"COMPLETE" vacuum diagram or pics..

Biernuts

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched the forum.
I've looked at the diagram posted under the hood.
Its shows ONLY the emissions stuff, not EVERYTHING like the vac lines to the vac bottle in the bumper, the front axle, or the line off of what I think is the MAT sensor in the intake manifold that goes to a "T" on the evap cannister....
I've looked in Haynes...incomplete.
I need EVERYTHING, evert "T", every CA Emissions option...what ever vac line ever devised by the Renix engineering folks.....

I inherited this jeep (CA emissions) and I'm pretty sure the motor was rebuilt
and the hoses may be set up wrong. And I think this may be causing my missing under load and high engine temps (pegged at 240 on an after market gauge)...the same problems my FIL was having with it before he died two years ago...

Does anyone have ALL the vac lines diagrammed? Or pic of a correct engine compartment?

The vac diagram is *not* in the factory service manual either, which really ticks me off. (1996 manual anyway)

If you can find a parts manual you can get some clues from the pictures of the hose assemblys.

Yeah....it's a pain!
I'm seriously contemplating a search of used car dealerships to find a CA emissions '89 XJ just so I can take dig pics of the entire vac system....

Thanks....

Biernuts said:
I've searched the forum.
I've looked at the diagram posted under the hood.
Its shows ONLY the emissions stuff, not EVERYTHING like the vac lines to the vac bottle in the bumper, the front axle, or the line off of what I think is the MAT sensor in the intake manifold that goes to a "T" on the evap cannister....
I've looked in Haynes...incomplete.
I need EVERYTHING, evert "T", every CA Emissions option...what ever vac line ever devised by the Renix engineering folks.....

I inherited this jeep (CA emissions) and I'm pretty sure the motor was rebuilt
and the hoses may be set up wrong. And I think this may be causing my missing under load and high engine temps (pegged at 240 on an after market gauge)...the same problems my FIL was having with it before he died two years ago...

Does anyone have ALL the vac lines diagrammed? Or pic of a correct engine compartment?
Click and save.

Last edited:
Back