• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Front Spings Should I use for a 5.5 or 6"

97RedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I want to get about 5.5 inches of lift or 6" lift for my 97 XJ. I was wondering what front spings should I use RE, Skyjacker, Tera with buget boost? Does anyone have any good advice for this set up, I would appreciate it.

97RedXJ said:
I want to get about 5.5 inches of lift or 6" lift for my 97 XJ. I was wondering what front spings should I use RE, Skyjacker, Tera with buget boost? Does anyone have any good advice for this set up, I would appreciate it.

RE 4.5" ZJ coils are supposed to sit at 5.5" on an XJ, and give a good ride.

cal said:
RE 4.5" ZJ coils are supposed to sit at 5.5" on an XJ, and give a good ride.

yes they do. i'd recommend them.

Dookie said:
yes they do. i'd recommend them.

Yeah, that seems to be everyones suggestion. I have a set sitting in the bed of my pickup along with RE drop brackets, just havent had time to install them yet.

Tereflex 6" coils, excellent spring rate for an XJ. I've tried, procrap, RE (they're good too), and Tereflex. I had a Warn enforcer bumper guard and a Warn XD9000i on the front.

I run Tera's 4" coil with a spacer. Protofab bumper with Milemarker E9000. Very nice flex great on-road too.

goodburbon said:
not rough country. anything but that

Yea learned personally rough country are junk they seem like a great deal but u get what you pay for , hell the coating on the spring looks like a foriegner with a paint brush coated it before shipping, go with RE or teraflex

my RE 4.5" XJ coils sit at 5" now after 2 years of service. when new matched with a 3/4" poly spacer it sat at 6.25".

Back