• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok, so I bought a new(er) jeep....

scott in NH

NAXJA Forum User
Awhile ago, I asked what to look for in a 97 or newer jeep (thanks for the input). So I am purchasing a 2000 limited, Patriot Blue with Camel leather, 92k miles, for $7,995 out the door.
It is a very reputable dealer, as far as used car dealers go, and they are offering me a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty for $1,400 or $35/month additional for 48 month. The vehicle already comes with 30 day/1000 miles that covers anything the state would be concerned with (52 items) and 3 month/3000 miles powertrain coverage.
At my mileage, it would last me for about 15-16 months. It appears to be very comprehensive and for arguments sake, let's say that it covers everything of concern. Is it worth it?
Here is the vehicle:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...=25&LNX=ESTAFSRCHUSDTEXT&LNX=ESTAFSRCHUSDTEXT

Ok, I've kinda decided against it as most repairs would fall under that cost and I usually have credit available in that amount that could be used anytime. I am a little nervous about the head issues on the 2000's but I did not see any oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil, and I otherwise really like that year...
Any comments on the year, miles, equipment, deal, looks, whatever are appreciated (+ and-). I haven't had car payments in ten years and am a little nervous about that too!
Oh, and if anybody wants a very good running (really!) 90, 2 door, 5-speed, with 236k for $1000 (firm) in New Hampshire, let me know!

Scott I agree car payments do suck. I am payment free with my 96 after owning a few new cars over the past 5 years. Price seems good on this limited and they have all sorts of nice options on them. If it runs nice and fluids look good I'd seriously consider it

scott in NH said:
Ok, I've kinda decided against it as most repairs would fall under that cost and I usually have credit available in that amount that could be used anytime. I am a little nervous about the head issues on the 2000's but I did not see any oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil, and I otherwise really like that year...
Any comments on the year, miles, equipment, deal, looks, whatever are appreciated (+ and-). I haven't had car payments in ten years and am a little nervous about that too!
Oh, and if anybody wants a very good running (really!) 90, 2 door, 5-speed, with 236k for $1000 (firm) in New Hampshire, let me know!

So you're gonna pay $8,000 for a '00 with 92k on it. And you think you can sell a '90 with 236k on it for $1000...............:roflmao:

91 Jeep Project said:
So you're gonna pay $8,000 for a '00 with 92k on it. And you think you can sell a '90 with 236k on it for $1000...............:roflmao:

We'll see who's laughing after I get my grand for it! I've seen junk go for as much or more in this area, anything here that looks good, runs and has working 4 wheel drive goes for a grand.
This truck has many, many new and recent parts, chrome wheels, AAL, coil spacers, recent 235/75 Dunlop RVXT's, new windshield, calipers, wheel cylinder, spring kits, sensors, clutch slave, battery, alternator, starter motor....you guys know the list! Does not burn oil.....hell, there are a lot of guys here who wish there trucks ran as good as this one does! 8 grand is 800 percent of 1 grand, that is a huge difference!
Anybody who only has a little money to spend won't be looking a 8 grand ltd's, I know I was one of them 4 years ago, but I guess I'll mark you down as "not interested" huh? thanks for your opinion anyway :laugh3:

91 Jeep Project said:

Since when is $1000 a lot of money for a used car that runs good and i presume is in decent condition?

Jamieinnh said:
What part of NH are you in? I'm in Manchester. I got got rid of my 1989 Cherokee, and got a 1993 Cherokee.

Jamie
I'm in Newfields over by Exeter.......
I picked up the 2000 last night and am in love :kissyou:

91 Jeep Project said:

After careful consideration, I decided to ask $1,200 for it, and you were right I did not get $1,000 for it. After being for sale for a total of 6 days I sold it to a good home for $1,150.00!
:clap:

91 Jeep Project said:

Uh... my '00 SPORT (not Limited!) with 60k is supposed to be worth $8k... (not that I've tried to get it)... so... balancing the mileage against the equipment... I think that's about right for a price.

I've never ever seen an XJ for under $1000. No matter how many holes were in it, and whether or not it ran! 4x4 prices vary greatly by location. High here (hills and snow!).

Den

The amount of local interest with "0" advertising leads me to believe I could of asked more. I've had several "kids" drooling on it, and they were happy to pay the price if I could accept payments.
The only guy who tried to beat me up on the price was arrogant and rude. His kid, who it was for was nice though, he must of gotten his manners from his mother. He had the money, but dad was just being a d*ck! He offered $1000 and got rude when I didn't acept it. He came back the next day with the same offer (who the hell does that?) and insulted me and my Jeep when I told him to check back in a week! His nice kid missed out on a nice Jeep....
The guy I sold it to is really psyched and I gave him this website to visit if he needed help. I still love that Jeep, my kids named it "Shotgun", and I wanted to see it go to a good home.

You lucky bastards! I'm living in Finland, and here XJ's (every car) are very expensive. I can't even imagine that a good Jeep is sold with 1000$!!!
If you buy your Jeep here, you must pay about 5000-7000€ from year modell 1991 or so!

But hey, what can you do, Jeep is a lifestyle, you just can't live without it!

Back