• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dad cracked my front clip

brtb

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody got a front clip (the big fiberglass nose piece) for a 97-01 newer-style XJ? Unpainted or dark blue would be nice... or how much do you think this will cost from wherever I can get one? Any way to fix without replacing the piece?

Mine got cracked when Dad got a bit too overzealous, climbed up and kneeled on it trying to get to the back head bolt (!!! gah... by the time I saw him do it and yelled at him it was too late)

I really should make him pay to fix it but I know he probably can't afford it right now...

Dad cracked my front lip... :laugh3:
busted_lip_small.jpg

at least that's what I thought it said at first.

Header panel. So that's what it's called... :D

Finding plenty of them now... and it's only like $50-$75 unpainted. I was afraid it'd be in the $500 range; it looked like an expensive part anyway.

thanks all =]

Just make sure it's actually one of the fibreglass ones, and not one of the plastic aftermarket types. They're really not worth the money.
Also try local wreckers and you may come across the exact model/colour you need. It's what I ended up doing.
Good luck!

Back