• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear head rest information given

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Was at the Jeep wreakers last week ( my once a year raiding trip ) and noticed that you guys in the States often ask about the rear seat head rests that we have fitted as standard. So what I did was strip all the upholstery off a back rest and took some photos for you. My thoughts are that you maybe able to raid the brackets needed off a ZJ rear seat and fit them to your XJ seat. Anyway the details are on my site in the how to section so hope it helps someone.

Headrests%20001.jpg

Remember that you can click on any photos in my write up to enlarge them for better viewing. www.go.jeep-xj.info

Let me know if anyone goes a head with adding them and I can add the information to my write up if you like.

Marcus

Your usual nice write-up. I have always hated having people ride in the back without headrests. After suffering whiplash many years ago, you have provided a way of preventing it.
Now I need to get to the wrecking yard add find some ZJ headrests or something similar. The brackets look like something that can be easily made if factory ones are not available.

lazyxj said:
Marcus

Your usual nice write-up. I have always hated having people ride in the back without headrests. After suffering whiplash many years ago, you have provided a way of preventing it.
Now I need to get to the wrecking yard add find some ZJ headrests or something similar. The brackets look like something that can be easily made if factory ones are not available.

Let me know how you get on with that. I took the shots up close just so you could make them from scratch should you need too. Be easy if you have access to a break press or any metal folder. My front ZJ seats ( factory fitted here ;) ) have the same plastic inserts in the top so could raid front head rests to do the job too.

Back