• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Went boneyard-hopping today

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Slowrider and I did a tour of some junkyards today - Ecology and PAP in Wilmington and PAP on Katella. Real slim pickins.

But the Katella PAP still has a grey Laredo with a Dana 44 under it. That thing's been there a month. And they want $155 for it, if anyone's interested. And the same XJ also has some unidentifiable aftermarket lower control arms and stock tow hook brackets.

All I got was some spare hub bolts.

xjohnnyc said:
But the Katella PAP still has a grey Laredo with a Dana 44 under it. That thing's been there a month. And they want $155 for it, if anyone's interested. And the same XJ also has some unidentifiable aftermarket lower control arms and stock tow hook brackets.
If that's the one I saw a while ago, it looks bent/damaged. At the very least the break backing plates are shot, but it is very possible that the whole axle is shot.

Well, that would explain that. The shafts might still be good.

xjohnnyc said:
Well, that would explain that. The shafts might still be good.
Actually I'd be wary of them too as it looks like that axle was either landed on or dragged sideways which means that the flanges might be damaged

Actually I'd be wary of them too as it looks like that axle was either landed on or dragged sideways which means that the flanges might be damaged

Maybe that's why i couldn't get the fawkin things out!!!

Johnny did you notice/remeber any with the HO motor?

I don't think I've ever seen an HO motor in a junkyard. Seems to always be a Renix or GM.

But the Ecology had a complete 95 for $1700. Just a little front end damage.

karstic said:
Maybe that's why i couldn't get the fawkin things out!!!

Johnny did you notice/remeber any with the HO motor?
I've seen a 95 in a boneyard once, but it was already missing a motor: either they pulled it before they made it available to the rest of people or it was picked up as soon as it hit the "showroom floor"

if you guys are looking for a junkyard motor talk to the guys out at Ajax.

There is one HO at the PAP in Wilmington at one of the two yards on Blinn (both operated by teh same company), I think it's at the big one. This information is as of this past Saturday.

And Johnny, you didn't find any 44's or 297x shafts at the Wilmington PAP or Ecologies, did you. :shhh:

Two or three HOs at the Pick-A-Part in Sun Valley on Friday, all in varying degrees of completeness. Also (IIRC), one V6 and a 4-cylinder.

GSequoia said:
And Johnny, you didn't find any 44's or 297x shafts at the Wilmington PAP or Ecologies, did you. :shhh:

Nope, no 44s or 297 shafts (that was one thing I was looking for). But I hear that you don't need any more 44s. :laugh3:

sintax said:
if you guys are looking for a junkyard motor talk to the guys out at Ajax.

True, true AJAX has quite afew XJs & motors ready to be loaded up.
The problem IS one of the owners knows XJs & gets a premium for his stuff.
He used to race Jeepspeed & I believe won a championship.
Karstic... one boneyard to the West of AJAX (ALL KARS I think) is a yard that
had at least two 44s awhile ago, they might of crushed them though.
See Ya !
Curt

The ecology yard in wilmington was selling a complete 95 for $1800, it had some damage to both front fenders and the grill frame but otherwise was in good shape for who was selling it.

I found a 8.8 out of a 98exploder at the place on Beach in stanton and best part is that I was there the weekend of the 1/2 price. Complete for 125$rotor to rotor and excelent condish. I was happy. there was only one XJ there and it was a v6 2wd.

ROBERTK said:
I found a 8.8 out of a 98exploder at the place on Beach in stanton and best part is that I was there the weekend of the 1/2 price. Complete for 125$rotor to rotor and excelent condish. I was happy. there was only one XJ there and it was a v6 2wd.
Good find (FYI, that's what the axles usually run though)

Speaking of bone yards, and people out and about.

I am looking for change the interior of my 1993 Cherokee, from the grey color to a tan color. Perferably from a country edtion, with the woodtrim.

If anyone runs across this or has an interior drop me a PM.

My interior is shot now, it's beyond the point of cleaning it. and since this is my DD I would like something a little better..

thanks for keeping the eyes out..

Jamie

Jamieinnh said:
Speaking of bone yards, and people out and about.

I am looking for change the interior of my 1993 Cherokee, from the grey color to a tan color. Perferably from a country edtion, with the woodtrim.

If anyone runs across this or has an interior drop me a PM.

My interior is shot now, it's beyond the point of cleaning it. and since this is my DD I would like something a little better..

thanks for keeping the eyes out..

Jamie

Manchester, NH? That's a lot to ship.. especially the carpet ;)

cal said:
Manchester, NH? That's a lot to ship.. especially the carpet ;)

Yea, I know.. :) I didn't really want the carpet, but the trim.

Mostly, the console, and dash bezel and door panels from a country. These are the pieces that are hard to find, because of the wood griain look. The rest of the interior, tan parts I can get from a Junk Yard here. I just haven't seen a country trim.

I figured since I need to redo the inside of my junk, I might as well get the look I want, and I would be willing to pay price and shipping. Since I can't find it here, it would be worth it in the long run.

Jamie

Back