• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best way to get 2+" out of a MJ rear

The cheapest and easiest way would be to add another main leaf, with the eyes cut off, from an MJ, S10, Dakota etc or maybe have your main leaf re-arched

You could add a pair of Chevy 2" drop shackles. These are 6" and the MJs are 4.5" center, you gain 0.75".

The best way would be easy, but not cheap... have a pair of custom leafpacks made.

Another fairly cheap and not-so-hard method (if you have access to some metal, are or know a welder, and have some time) would be to mount the spring and shackle hangers lower under the frame... everything else below could stay pretty much factory.

Last edited:
Rusty's sells AAL from 1.5" to 3.5". The 2" and 3.5" AAL's are $59.

I've got a set in my 90 MJ. They have held up great for over 1.5 years. Personally, I felt that the ride improved when I installed them. I was able to install them in my driveway with handtools in 2.5 hours. imho, the ease of installation and longevity of the AAL made it a bargain.

Don't forget to get new center bolts if you take apart your leaves!

You can view them here

Here is a pic of my MJ after I installed them.

74s.JPG

Matthew

They are the 3.5" Comanche's sit a little higher in the rear to accomodate bed load.

I don't have driveline vibes, and I have since added RRO extended shackles in the rear for a total of 4" of lift since then. Still no vibes.

Matthew

Back