• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uhmm, Did I miss something?

ren

NAXJA Forum User
Went to change the tranny mount on my '88 MJ which still has the Pucko in-it, and the tranny mount that I got from the parts house looks NOTHING like the mount in the truck. The mount in the truck looks like something that was built out of 3 or 4 different mounts, with pieces pointing all kinds of directions, the exhaust hanger is even part of the old mount, not a seperate piece like a normal mount on a XJ. Anybody know if the mount on the MJ is supposed to look like a stack of blocks slapped together? If this is normal, then I guess that it is time to fire up the WELDER and redo the tranny x-member if needed so that a normal mount will work on this thing until I blow-up the Pucko and can justify changing it out to the bank, er, I mean the wife. Thanks in advance, Ren

You were probably sold an AX-15 mount. New Peugeot mounts are a stealership item as far as I know.
Jeep on!
--Pete

ComancheClub.com

Great, thanks for the reply, but really, that is not something that I needed to hear tonight. The stealership near me is CLOSED on the weekend (go figure) and the tranny mount is SHOT, plus, my wife has a doctors' appointment at 9:30 on monday for her and the baby and the only thing running is the MJ. Oh, well, like I said- time to fire up the welder. By the way Pucko was supposed to have been Pukeo.

yeah it sounds like they sold you an AX-15 mount. i have also heard the BA/10 mount is very expensive, but i have no first-hand info on it.

Back