• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJLA rub exp crossmember install Q's

XJSKINS

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

So lets see here, i got my 5.5" RE XJLA kit install on the go right now and it is going well. HOWEVER, i a having a slight problem with the crossmember assembly. Does anyone know of a install article about this setup, or have detailed pictures of what goes where and what gets welded? Ya Ya the big flat piece goes in the middle i got that much.*laughs* Any help is greatly welcomed.

Cheers,

Skins

no welding should be required, all bolt -on,cross member mounts to xfer case and frame rails. there should be instructions and pics

there is indeed, but they not very clear in words and definatly not in the picture, there are several pieces that have the potential to be placed in at least 2 different spots. There is a small amount of strip welding requied, SMALL enough that if i didn't like that sandpaper feeling in the eyes so much i would like a highschool kid do it. thanks for the input though

SKINS

I have installed some of these if you want to describe your issue I may be able to help, it should work RIGHT only one way. Happy to help if I can

Great, umm , lets see here, the long strips with the nuts pressed in them, do they go on the far sides of the assembly or closers to the frame rail, with that where do the simular strips with out the press nuts go? HaHA i said pressed nutz. Do you have any clear color pictures of a mounted crossmember?

Cheers

SKINS

they go on inside of frame rail for the cross member assembly, if you can post a pic I could help more.

Back