• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country 3" lift

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at getting a Rough Country 3" lift and the site says that it includes front coil springs, 4 Heckethorn 8000 series shocks and option of rear add-a-leafs or rear leaf springs. The picture looks like control arms are included but the price is $235 so should I expect them? I should be able to clear 32's with this right? Also if I wanted to go higher later on down the road if I added 2" coil spacers in the front and 2" blocks in the rear to make the total 5" of lift will I be hurting anything, probably the shocks right?
Thanks

For sanitys sake dont' do a rough country that price includes coils, short(roughriding) aals, shocks. Doesn't include t-case, or trackbar, oh yeah and the trackbar bracket it stinks and wollows out the holes after a while.
"How do I know?" I started there and suffered some until I replaced it...it is crap, there is a reason it is so cheap.
Just my nickels worth.

Not really the BDS 3" is right around there, I will shoot you a PM tomorrow when I am back at my desk and see if I can get you a good deal on it, My TJ guys seem to love it for the money, and I am very impressed with it as well, Gotta love there printed NO FINE PRINT warranty on parts can't really beat that and it rides good too. I will be back at the shop at 9 am EST, so I will shoot you a PM then, I can get ya a pretty good deal, there list on it is right around $600.00 let me see what I can do for you.
J

rusty'soffroad has a 3" lift with full packs for under 500. i don't have their lift, but i am looking at getting their 6" coils and leafs. alot of people don't like them though because of the spring rate that rusty's used to use. from what i understand he stiffened up the rates on the leafs and coils and if i remember correctly RE uses the same company as rusty's for their leafs. i'm sure their both rated differently though.

from experience, id direct you towards the rusty's 3" full pack kit- i went against everything i read here and tried it and it rides great- i also have the heavy duty (higher spring rate) package, and it rides great and flexes nicely! i did need a tcase drop, b/c of a slight vibration, and i also needed a new steering stabilizer, but i got an OEM one from advance auto parts- all parts, about 550, but i also had midas drill and tap my broken shock mounts i nthe rear for 50 and paid 15 to have that damn stabilizer pulled after i broke a couple wrenches on it, so probably like 600 in parts and misc labor

Rusty's stuff is good, except the CAs.
Craig96 must not have looked hard, as there's actually just as many 'happy with Rusty's' folks as there are 'unhappy with Rusty's'.
Again, stay away from the CAs.
Warned.

I to have the Rusty's 3" with the full spring packs and the higher spring rate springs and I love it. The ride was a bit harsh for the first month, but now it has mellowed out and rides great. I also have the Rough Country 4.5' on my 84 Ford Ranger V6. It has been on there for about 4 years now and it also rides great, but it is a little stiff in the rear end. (may be the lack of weight back there)

Back