• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skirt skirtin round turns

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
now that I have your attention with the gangsta like lingo....

I recently swapped my tires (my BFG A/T's for his BFG M/T's) with a guy at a Merchants tire in maryland, Got home and a couple days later was doing some work and needed to take a tire off. I got out my 4 way lug wrench and couldnt get the lug to turn for anything I eventually after tryin and trying broke the 4 way Into 2 peices, now I was really pissed off. I live in delaware so I went to my NTB which is part of Merchant's tire in maryland. They said the guy doing the tire swap never torqued the lugs and my girlfriend told me she saw the guy putting my tires on and he had the air gun Just sitting on the lug putting It on tight as hell. Well they said they couldnt get them all off right then and one stud was stripped cause he put the lug on sideways. He said the lugs were so tight they pry ruined all the studs and that NTB would order new studs and Install them for free. Well I had to make an appointment took my car back to NTB and they called me 2 hrs after I dropped It off and said your studs and lugs are fine we Just had to loob them up and really work on geting them off with a good air gun.

Now thats the story I dont know If this has anything to do with that but....I never noticed this before on my XJ, I have a 4.5" Lift with 33x12.50's MT's on 15x10 ar767, Now close to everytime I go around a turn, curve, bend, my tires squeal? Is this normal? I never noticed It before. I can only be going 10-15 mph not even fast and It does It? Not sure If It has anything to do with the above story or not? I took my new lug wrench and made sure they were loose enough to get off by my lug wrench but tight enough to stay on....sorry for the long post but Is this ok?

when I got my last set of tires they did that for a few days, not sure why, but it whent away... Make sure they are aired up all the way...

My tires squealed from day one Dayton Stag A/T I just got new tires Dayton Timberline A/T's same tread but I guess different compound and they don't squeal at all.

Check alingment and tire pressure. It may just be the difference in the tires, AT to MT. Since the guy was a moron and just sat there with the impact gun you may want to check your tire pressure. I'm bettring it is eiteh really low or at the max inflation for the tire.

XJ99 said:
now that I have your attention with the gangsta like lingo....

I recently swapped my tires (my BFG A/T's for his BFG M/T's)

Now close to everytime I go around a turn, curve, bend, my tires squeal? Is this normal? I never noticed It before. I can only be going 10-15 mph not even fast and It does It? Not sure If It has anything to do with the above story or not?

My BFG M/T's squeel around corners too. Do you have a rear locker?

Just to give you something else to worry about one of the prime reasons for problems with disk brakes is incorrect tightening of lug nuts.
A torque wrench should be the only tool to apply the final set to a lug nut.

Back