• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone up for some wrenching on Sat afternoon?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I'll provide pizza and soda and/or beer in exchange for a set of helping hands. I've got some front suspension/steering work I want to do for which another pair of hands would be useful.

Btw, I'm in Westminster and I'll send an address to those who are planning to show up.

Maybe LATE on Saturday. What the hell are you doing?

cracker said:
Maybe LATE on Saturday. What the hell are you doing?
The RE superflex arms are a bit sloppy and I got the teflon pieces to replace them. Also my tie rod is a bit bowed after last weekend (I pulled a :bunny: I found the only rock in a middle of a road and I ran into it)

Kejtar said:
I figure I'll start at 2pm or so (going to abuse my body on a bike again in the am). If anyone needs directions let me know.

Err. I'm glad I read this.. I was planning to be at your pad somewhere around 9:30, coffee in hand. You sure you dont want to bike Sunday instead?

cal said:
Err. I'm glad I read this.. I was planning to be at your pad somewhere around 9:30, coffee in hand. You sure you dont want to bike Sunday instead?
no, I got a family thing I gotta go to on Sunday

Kejtar said:
no, I got a family thing I gotta go to on Sunday

Looks like we'll get less done that I had hoped then, I gotta be outta yer place and in the shower by 5-5:30, heading to a show saturday night..

We should still be able to get yer control arms straitened out though without a problem.

gcurtis said:
I'd love to help but we are riding Nobel Canyon and then heading to the Stone tasting in San Diego on Saturday. I'd much rather be under a jeep, though. ;)
You sir are a sick puppy, you'd rather wrench than ride Noble??? seek help:)

come over here Remi...I have a free hoist all day tomorrow and tools...and the store next door has TONS (literally) of beer. :D

red91inWA said:
come over here Remi...I have a free hoist all day tomorrow and tools...and the store next door has TONS (literally) of beer. :D
With as much as it would cost me in gas to get to your place I could have a shop do my work for me here and buy me the beer!

Many thanks go out to Cal, Curt and Mike! It turned out to be a REALLY bad day for my jeep.
1. The uca bolt (frame end) rusted in the super joint and it took about 3hrs + to drill it out, grind it out and get the control arm out.

2. The LCA drivers side bracket is tweaked (I believe that falls under the category of understatements of the year).

Kejtar said:
Many thanks go out to Cal, Curt and Mike! It turned out to be a REALLY bad day for my jeep.
1. The uca bolt (frame end) rusted in the super joint and it took about 3hrs + to drill it out, grind it out and get the control arm out.

2. The LCA drivers side bracket is tweaked (I believe that falls under the category of understatements of the year).

Saying it is tweaked is like saying your old dana 30 housing had a crack.

I'm still saying you should look into a longarm kit. You just need mounts and arms, it would only cost you a few hundred to knock something out.. In the end it will probably cost you less than trying to fix your frame.

cal said:
Saying it is tweaked is like saying your old dana 30 housing had a crack.

I'm still saying you should look into a longarm kit. You just need mounts and arms, it would only cost you a few hundred to knock something out.. In the end it will probably cost you less than trying to fix your frame.
Actually it looks like I might be able to get away with just getting the old one removed, framerail boxed/reinforced and a new one put on. I'm hoping to get it done this coming Saturday.

Back