• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ordering Lift Kit!! (soon) Few ?'s though

noresttill

NAXJA Forum User
Ive decided on the RE 6030 3.5 SF and take the adjustable trac bar while im at it.

My questions are:
1. Since im getting new leafs anyway, should i go ahead and shim it??
If so what degree.
2. I heard that the LCA that come with the SF require maintenance of some sort or they explode or something. I actually heard this searching a pro con between the SR and SF and just need validation or dismissal on it.

Ill do the TC drop if I have to also.

Sorry about all the questions but Im nervous. :)

Thanks,

Jesse

EDIT: Its a 1996 4.0 C8.25 Automatic.

noresttill said:
1. Since im getting new leafs anyway, should i go ahead and shim it??
If so what degree.
You don't know till you have it in and the leafs settle.
2. I heard that the LCA that come with the SF require maintenance of some sort or they explode or something. I actually heard this searching a pro con between the SR and SF and just need validation or dismissal on it.
Yeah, you gotta grease them every so often, and depending on use, you have to either tighten down the spanner adjuster nut thingy or to replace the teflon pieces inside when they wear out (some go for very long before they have to do it)

noresttill said:
Wait for the leafs to settle, fair enough.

So grease the LCAs and make sure theyre torqued, is that teflon peice readily
available??
fairly cheap from RE

i havent touched mine and they have been on for 6 months...

My UCA's didnt come with zerk fittings, i had to find some to put in the holes...

here is a write up on the RE, Evolution, and some other joint:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-Joints/index.html

fairly complete and will give you a better idea of what we are talking about with out actualy looking at your joints...

XJ_ranger said:
fairly cheap from RE

i havent touched mine and they have been on for 6 months...
I'm actually going to be replacing the ones in UCA's after about 2 years of use. THey have a fair amount of miles on them and a fair bit of offroad use. It's possible that I might be able to adjust the nut a bit more to get them tighter, but since I already did that once or twice I might as well replace them as the replacement teflon pieces are about $10 or so from RE. YOu do need a special tool to do it though, but you can ussually either make one or borrow one.

Back