• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lime away in Radiator

bustednutz

NAXJA Forum User
I was reading a few posts ago about a person who put vinegar in their cooling system as a flush. They left it in there a few days and it removed all the crap in the system.
I was wondering if Lime Away or CLR would do the same thing, but in a shorter time period. I know it sounds completely ridiculous, but what do you guys think?

bustednutz said:
I was reading a few posts ago about a person who put vinegar in their cooling system as a flush. They left it in there a few days and it removed all the crap in the system.
I was wondering if Lime Away or CLR would do the same thing, but in a shorter time period. I know it sounds completely ridiculous, but what do you guys think?
Bad idea, the CLR or Limeaway is way to strong. The trick is to slowly desolve the deposits so they don't come loose in big chunks and plug the core tubes.

Back