• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 Help!

xjguy98

NAXJA Forum User
I posted the same question in the OEM forum but haven't gotten any replies so hopefully someone in here can help me out a bit. The problem: I'm tearing down my AX15 and I'm at the point where I need to remove the front half of the case. I pulled both snap rings from the front end but can only get the case to move off the intermediate plate by about 1/4" at the most. Has anyone ever had this problem or am I doing something wrong? I have the FSM and am following it to the letter but it doesn't mention anything about this.

You did take all the bolts holding the case halfs together right? The reason I ask is because I have gotten stuck by one bolt in the past.

Did you remove the snap ring on the intermediate shaft on the front of the case? Its the bearing right below the main input shaft. Its been a few years since I had my tranny appart but I remember there being a snap ring there. It goes on the outside of the bearing. The bearing slides into the front half of the case instead of the shaft sliding into the bearing in the case. Make sence?

AARON

I went out again tonight and tried it and I ended up getting the case apart. Turns out I was just being completely gutless and needed to put down my purse. Getting the case over the two front bearings took a bit of "persuasion" with the mallet but it came off in about 5 minutes. What I found inside is another story completely...but thanks for the help in any case man, much appreciated.

Tony

Back