• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper removal and hitch question

Xjforme

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently trying to remove my bumper from my 00 xj with little luck. I have take all nessary bolts of the bumper except the two that bolt into the frame rails which are really hard to get to. I managed to break one bolt lose that is rusted but have stripped it. Can you guys recomend a method I could use to get these two bolts of? I was thinking a dremel tool because of the small space and I could cut it off??

do I have to take the four bolts off that hold that bracket that attaches to the bumper to have access to the nut strip? My jeep didn't come with the drivers side so I'm trying to install it.

Thanks

Xjforme said:
I'm currently trying to remove my bumper from my 00 xj with little luck. I have take all nessary bolts of the bumper except the two that bolt into the frame rails which are really hard to get to. I managed to break one bolt lose that is rusted but have stripped it. Can you guys recomend a method I could use to get these two bolts of? I was thinking a dremel tool because of the small space and I could cut it off??

do I have to take the four bolts off that hold that bracket that attaches to the bumper to have access to the nut strip? My jeep didn't come with the drivers side so I'm trying to install it.

Thanks

Well you could prolly jag a nut cracker into that space to take care of the stripped one. Try and get some low profile sockets to get into there.

It's easier to remove the bumper and it's mounting brackets as an assembly. Of course, you still may break bolts doing so, but they can then be drilled and tapped as necessary in the body.

Back