• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front nose conversion question

gooch007

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody converted a pre 97 nose to a 97+ one. I know this isnt the typical thread here but mine is pretty shady as far as broken bolts and screws go, everytime I need to take it off it seems as if something is gonna break on it. Just wondering if it would be a direct bolt on or one with minimal body work...so forth. Thanks

gooch007 said:
Has anybody converted a pre 97 nose to a 97+ one. I know this isnt the typical thread here but mine is pretty shady as far as broken bolts and screws go, everytime I need to take it off it seems as if something is gonna break on it. Just wondering if it would be a direct bolt on or one with minimal body work...so forth. Thanks

It's essentialy "bolt on" if you have all the parts. No body work to be done.......... :lecture:

These pieces would include: nose panel, the grille insert, and the 3 sets of lights with bezels. Or am I missing something?

Well so much for that idea...after thinking about it the price just doesn't justify what I was looking for, thats money that can go towards the suspension. Thanks anyways though!

This has been covered before -- several times.

The older fenders have more of a chamfer between the vertical and the horizontal. You can bolt up a new header to the old fenders (with some adaptation) but the top outer corners will extend beyond that chamfer.

Solution: before bolting up the new header, fill in those upper corners with Bondo. Mount the new header, than neatly grind/file down the corners to match the contour of the older fenders.

The new style flares will bolt onto the old style fenders. You need to trim the bottom front of the fenders of you'll be using the new style bumper.

Done.

Back