• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removed bumper - Jeep runs rough

HAPYMUDY

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed tow hooks on my XJ. After reinstalling the Jeep runs pretty rough and the engine light comes on. I suspected that it was the vacuum line connected to the "blimp" just inside the bumper, but when I pulled the line there was a "psst" and I reconnected it. Seems to be reconnected fine, but still runs rough.

Is there something I'm overlooking? Thanks!

my best guess is that it isn't the bulb. You might have tweeked a vacume line somewhere else buy pulling on it or something... shooting in the dark here

Where would one find the replacement tubing that leads to that "bulb"? Would any regular rubber hose of the same size do? Or does it need to be more rigd because of the vacuum?

Don't mean to steal this thread, just wondering while were on he subject.

i think it might be a coincidence issue. if you connected it back then it should not effect your rough problem. I would check the lines in that area once again and then start looking into other things it could be.

pete

I'll double-check the lines. I notice lots of installation instructions involving front bumpers talk about removing the vacuum ball -- none of them that I've seen say to unhook the vacuum line.

It leads me to wonder if it takes a while to build up the vacuum after unhooking the line or something. It seemed to run a little better today. I'm going to put an OBD on it, see if it pops up anything.

Appreciate the help -- any other insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

.. appears as if the vacuum has to build up with a little driving. The XJ is now running fine, but the engine light is still on. I'll have to OBDII it, reset it. Good as new.

Back