• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's "HD" tracbar end snapped

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
Went wheeling in Nocona this weekend, and I had a blast, but towards the end of the day, the bushing on the frame end of my jeep crapped out before I noticed anything, and I came down hard and snapped the threaded part off :flamemad: I ended up using a TRE as a replacement piece, and wouldn't you know, it got me home. The steering is sloppy, but it was a good trail fix.

So anyways, can I replace that end with another type joint? I really don't want to mail in the piece and have to wait a week to get it back. Plus, having a poly bushing doesn't allow for flex going forward or backwards, just vertical and horizontal :lecture:

Any ideas? I'll post pictures of it in a bit.

Here's what happened
broken.jpg

you look so sad:(

It looks/sounds like you used it "without the required HD Bracket".

RCP Phx said:
It looks/sounds like you used it "without the required HD Bracket".
How would that bushing even fit on a stock tracbar bracket? I have the whole heavyduty setup, other than the extension which connects to the opposite framerail.

xjj33p3r said:
How would that bushing even fit on a stock tracbar bracket? I have the whole heavyduty setup, other than the extension which connects to the opposite framerail.
JKS's are bolted vertically,and since you limped home using a tre I couldnt vision much else.Ive installed over a half-dozen RE HD units and swear by them.

I don't know what else you can use, but there is that much front to back flex in your suspension linkages? I would check your CA bushings for excessive wear. How long did that unit last for?

Matthew

It didn't last more than a year if I remember correctly. My CA bushings seem to be doing ok for now, since I don't have any vibration/dw/or axle wrap when torque is applied to the front.

Just got off the phone with Rusty, and here's what's going on. He's going to send me a replacement joint, and another complete tracbar for their 6.5-8.5" long arm kit. I explained to him what happened, showed him the picture, and he had no problem explaining to me what could have happened, and that he'd actually never seen their bushing destroy themselves like that. So again, he's sending me a new piece which broke, a new bolt to go through the bracket, and a new trac bar, free of charge (as long as I send my tracbar back)

This is great customer service, and from now on, I'm backing Rusty's %100.

xjj33p3r said:
Just got off the phone with Rusty, and here's what's going on. He's going to send me a replacement joint, and another complete tracbar for their 6.5-8.5" long arm kit. I explained to him what happened, showed him the picture, and he had no problem explaining to me what could have happened, and that he'd actually never seen their bushing destroy themselves like that. So again, he's sending me a new piece which broke, a new bolt to go through the bracket, and a new trac bar, free of charge (as long as I send my tracbar back)

This is great customer service, and from now on, I'm backing Rusty's %100.

While I won't doubt your recent customer service satisfaction. Do yourself a favor, sell the new bar and go Rubicon or Kevin's..................:cheers:

91 Jeep Project said:
While I won't doubt your recent customer service satisfaction. Do yourself a favor, sell the new bar and go Rubicon or Kevin's..................:cheers:
Thanks for the advice :wave: But I'm just stoked about getting a completely brand new part :laugh3:

Sounds to me like the morral of the story is to go to where you got the parts that broke and talk to them about what they or you can do to fix it.

In this case they did a great job of backing their products and doing right for you.

I have had the exact same experience with them also (no matter what others say).

Michael

xjj33p3r said:
Thanks for the advice :wave: But I'm just stoked about getting a completely brand new part :laugh3:

yes, but if you do some research, you will find a history of rusty's track bar's breaking in one way or another. I have personally met two people who have had it happen, and read about a dozen or more other incidents. Getting a completly new part is great.. It means you can get more for it, to offset the cost of buying a quality part that will not strand or kill you. ;)

cal said:
yes, but if you do some research, you will find a history of rusty's track bar's breaking in one way or another. I have personally met two people who have had it happen, and read about a dozen or more other incidents. Getting a completly new part is great.. It means you can get more for it, to offset the cost of buying a quality part that will not strand or kill you. ;)

Bingo.............. ;)

part broke...
Rusty replaced it...
customer can either replace with new Rusty's part or sell and get another brand.....

please don't let this become another thread about peoples opinions of Rustys parts!

Back