• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring perch too small?

St3mpy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I had my 8.8 welded today, and well, all seems to be well (besides me forgetting to take the U-Bolts into consideration, but a little bit of grinding will get them on). The problem is, my spring perches are 1.5 inches wide (he used some he had in the shop), while the leaves are of course, 2.5inches wide. Will this warp my leaves? Can I place a plate or something over the perch? Let's just assume welding isn't an option.

I don't know what instructions you gave the guy, but unless you specifically told him it was okay to use old perches he had lying around and which are completely unsuitable for your vehicle, it seems to me like he should make it right at his expense. At the very least, if you come up with the right perches he sould cut off the old ones and weld on your new ones for no charge.

Here's a hint -- go to any Mopar dealer and order up one unit of part number P4120074. Should cost you about 12 bucks, and what you will get is a PAIR of extremely heavy duty spring perches.

Eagle said:
Here's a hint -- go to any Mopar dealer and order up one unit of part number P4120074. Should cost you about 12 bucks, and what you will get is a PAIR of extremely heavy duty spring perches.
Eagle, what are these for? Are they longer, end to end, then stock perches? Are they similar to REs anti-wrap perches? If they are, thats a lot better price.

They are universal Mopar Performance Catalog perches, designed for use with axles that have a 3" diameter tube. But they are a close fit for XJ and MJ axle tubes, and Bob Salemi is running them on his drag race MJ. They are slightly longer than factory perches and beefier, but not as long as the anti-wrap perches.

Yeah, they are a bargain. When I ordered them, both the parts mamager and I were so shocked at the price that, even though the picture in the catalog showed two perches, we decided they must be sold singly. So I ordered two. When they arrived, we opened the first box and found -- a pair of beautiful, heavy duty spring perches. These things have to be one of the best deals around, considering that they are probably better than what many of the aftermarket companies sell for $40 a pair.

Back