• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need real help with trans shift problem.

jperry

NAXJA Forum User
It all started when I had my trans pan gasket replaced at the dealer. Now every time I drive it It doesn't shift back down in to 1st when I come to a stop. It stays in OD. If I manually shift down and then back up in to drive it will take off, but if I leave it in drive when stopped....Nothin'(well except that it's trying to take off in 4th from a dead stop).(I also get a code 45)When the dealer scanned it he was trying to not let me see but I believe there was a 0700 and 1898 code)I took it back twice, Now they are saying that my NSS is bad. First they said it was loose(Hmm..wasn't loose when I brought it in!)The thing is I never had or dont have a problem at all with starting it up,never did. I don't have any kind of problem with it starting. I'm not taking it back to them because they keep seeming to F#$k more stuff up every time I took it back. I need some real help,insight as to what might be causing this.

Last edited:
The NSS is more than one switch, it is also used to show what range your shifter is in. Check the connections in the plug and the ground connections on the dipstick bolt.

Does the NSS cause the trans to not downshift when coming to a stop? My friend just scanned with his Snap-On Scanner. The swicth works/registers on scanner when shifted/changing gears. The thing is when he scanned the trans side it showed throttle @ 16% @ idle (should be 0%). When scanning the engine side it shows correct (0% throttle @ idle). What would cause this?

Do this, if you unplug the TCU you should be able to shift manualy 1-2 will be low only. 3 will be three and D will be overdrive. Make sure that works that way first.1

Back