• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front dif. questions

xray

NAXJA Member #1056
I got a rubicon d44 dirt cheap. but I dont want to put it in my 89 if it is not much stronger then the d30. My question is can I have the tubes from the rubi 44 installed into a hp d44 out of a f150? What would I have to about the shafts? I have a good supply of f150 d44's because all the ford guys around here upgrade to 60's or 70's and they consider 44's cheap crap.

run the rubi 44

the HP centersection wont matter all that much...

Pinion clearance is all you will gain in a HP - gear strength isnt a factor with less than 37" tires and a locker -

some good alloy shafts and u-joints combined with a well balanced suspention and you will have everything that a HP has...

with the Rubi- you loose one of the best parts that the other D44's have - Hi-steer knuckles, bigger brakes bla bla bla...

plug the rubi in and drive it.
-Opie

We got the rubi installed this morning, tomorrow I will finish up. It sure is nice working on something when it goes smooth this thing bolted up like it was born there.

Back