• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear shock mounts

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
i searched but im sure i missed something... but anyways who has remounted the lower rear shock mounts? They just seem like they are begging to get draged all over rocks.

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

Heres my modified M.O.R.E.'s
shock%20mount.jpg

Hey
How are you guys figuring out then what types of shock lengths you need to run after you move the shocks upwards??

gixer said:
Hey
How are you guys figuring out then what types of shock lengths you need to run after you move the shocks upwards??
You should know that before you move the mounts!

RCP Phx said:
You should know that before you move the mounts!

Really?
I have heard others say to stuff the tire in on one side as much as you can then take a measurement. Then let it droop to the max and measure again. This will help give you the range of travel you have.

The wonderful help you have offered is to know this before you move the perch?
How are you doing this?

gixer said:
Really?
I have heard others say to stuff the tire in on one side as much as you can then take a measurement. Then let it droop to the max and measure again. This will help give you the range of travel you have.

The wonderful help you have offered is to know this before you move the perch?
How are you doing this?
You pretty much answered your own question,after that pick a shock that allows for your travel and then move the mount(s) as possible for that shock.

Dont forget you have to allow for bumpstop compression as well. The safest thing to do is lower your bumpstops the same amount as you lift them!

Back