• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwackers on a 1998

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
Ive been looking into some new flares for my 1998 XJ 4 door but Ive been noticing that all the distributors are only offering them for 1996 and older XJs. Are they compatible with a new xj, or are any available for jeeps newer than 96?

yes, there are bushwhacker's for the new body style. search and you'll find 'em!!

I was figuring they wouldnt be that different, other than the way the stock bumper integrates back into the front flares they should be virtually the same...

The difference is the rear bumper caps.
On '97+ they extend forward and become part of the flare.
To use bushwackers you have to either lose the caps or trim them.

91 Jeep Project said:
Wrong, they don't actually sell Bushwhackers for the newer body style. Everyone just buys the old body style ones and bolts them on..........:lecture:

so that doesn't make me wrong, now does it? :laugh3:

nah they suck at it and dont swallow

98XJSport said:
Ive been looking into some new flares for my 1998 XJ 4 door but Ive been noticing that all the distributors are only offering them for 1996 and older XJs. Are they compatible with a new xj, or are any available for jeeps newer than 96?

This may be of little help, but the '98 I just bought a few weeks ago has flares on it. The seller said they were Bushwhackers and that some "minor trimming" had been done to make them fit. However, I cannot swear that they ARE Bushwhackers (maybe someone else with more experience can tell just by looking), and I have no idea what was required to install them.

CRW_7069.jpg

CRW_7070.jpg

nice lookin jeep and yes they are bushwhackers

Ramsey said:
nice lookin jeep and yes they are bushwhackers

Thanks... we have a LOT of work to do before our first trip with it, but so far we're loving it!

91 Jeep Project said:
Acutally it does, find me a website that sells Bushwackers for a '97-'01.......... :wstupid:

yummm... how's that shoe leather taste buddy? :kissyou:

98XJSport said:
I have a 99' 2door with the 96'and older flares and they fit fine.But if you are going offroad and doing trails with trees forget Treewackers!!!They crack and rip the boltheads out very easily! If stay on road and have big tires you need to cover that is all they are good for.Buy something more flexable for offroad.I always wanted a 4wheeler with wackers and now I have 1 and it will be my last!

Back