• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! re1462 leaf springs too short?

99xjache

NAXJA Member #1289
Im trying to install new leaf springs on my 99 it seems to me that the springs are too short eye to eye to install with the stock shackles. Am I doing something wrong or did I get the wrong junk?

youll have to bend the spring to reach, i used a block of wood, about 12" from the shackle end of the spring, inbetween the spring and frame, jack the center of the spring up....

Yea, you're REALLY gunna have to tug at the spring to get it in place with the shackle. Try to get someone to help you pull it back, then you put in the bolt.

Shoot, I did another search and found that I really cant use these these springs with the stock shackles. I need to install the 1.25"/1.5" lift shackles.

Looks like I'm goin 6"!

99xjache said:
Am I doing something wrong or did I get the wrong junk?

yea you forgot to buy shackles that work with the springs
:kissyou:

Well, I told my local off road shop I was trying to get 4.5" back in the rear springs, without blocks, and they sold me these. I should have done more research before going in. I may exchange them for the 1463 springs and the shackles to try and keep the rear @4.5". I dont want to go much higher than that.

99xjache said:
Well, I told my local off road shop I was trying to get 4.5" back in the rear springs, without blocks, and they sold me these. I should have done more research before going in. I may exchange them for the 1463 springs and the shackles to try and keep the rear @4.5". I dont want to go much higher than that.
My Rubicon 3.5" Leaf Springs gave me 6" with stock shackles. After a year and a few wheeling trips they were still hat 5"............ :lecture:

99xjache said:
Shoot, I did another search and found that I really cant use these these springs with the stock shackles. I need to install the 1.25"/1.5" lift shackles.

Looks like I'm goin 6"!

That's funny, they work just fine on my jeep with stock shackles. Weird.

100_1591.jpg

100_1595.jpg

Don't believe everything you read. Sure, newer 1462's flex better with longer shackles, but if you go out and break them in, they will flex just fine. Besides, if you add an RE 1.25" shackle, you'll get 7.5" of lift in the rear to start.

they will fit its just a biych to get them in
romving tires a bottle jack a comealaong and a engine hoist and ya got it
or and a BFH
and impact gun

thanks again guys, got em in. Lots of tweakin and cussin but their in. The next order of business is SYE install. Doing that over the wkend. Ill post pics whenever Im allowed to.

Back