• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM fog light switch wiring.

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I am using another oem fog light switch for the lights up on my rollbar. But now the light inside the switch is on all the time, unless I turn on the lights, then the light goes off. What have I done wrong here? Everything is backwards.

Try switching the two positive wires.

EDIT: I'm talking about the two positive wires on the switch. One is power in, one is power out.

Last edited:
summitlt said:
I am using another oem fog light switch for the lights up on my rollbar. But now the light inside the switch is on all the time, unless I turn on the lights, then the light goes off. What have I done wrong here? Everything is backwards.
The OEM switch does not directly controll the fog lights, it is wired to a Fog light relay.
Did you also add a second relay?

Heres what I have done. I have the ground for the lights going to a ground on my fenderwell, the power side of everything goes from my lights, to 1 post of the switch, out the other post, through a nline fuse and then to the battery.

Haven't looked at on in a while, but there should be three connections on the switch. One for power from your 12v source, one going to your lights, and a ground. The ground is needed for the light on your switch. The ground going from your lights to your fender should be fine.

Have you tried swapping the wire going to your lights and the one going to the fuse on your switch?

Last edited:
Figured it out, for anybody that ever gets in the same situation. My "ground" wasnt a ground. Guess that would do it. :)

No, there was a harness back there that was for soemthing on that side, I have no idea what, because there was nothing there when I got the truck. And I used the ground off of that plug.

Back