• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

throttle body question

elprimito

NAXJA Forum User
No question is a stupid question, I think. Does a 1991 4.0 xj have a throttle body? My Haynes manual says that vehicles w/ inline 6 cyl. are equipped w/ a multi-point injestion system.
thanks

Yes, it has both...a throttle body and multi-port fuel injection (i.e. one fuel injector per cylinder). The throttle body is one component of the fuel injection system.

Doesn't every gasoline engine have a throttle body or at least something that houses the throttle plate as means of regulating engine speed? The XJ would have a throttle body in the intake, but multi port injection at the intake manifold instead of throttle body injection.

Throttle body injection means they use 1, or more injectors right at the throttle plate. Multiport injection measn the injectors are closer to the valves (generally spraying right on it) and there is 1 per cylinder.

Back