• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with my Transfer Case

Culinary_Hooligan

NAXJA Forum User
Well, last night I was doing a little wheelin, and had shifter pop out of gear (or so I thought) well now the shifter postitions have seemed to moved back one space (where 4hi was is now 2 hi, where Case neutral was 4hi is now, and where 4lo was is now neutral. so now, I cannot shift into 4lo, no more space for the shifter to move backwards..)

Please help.......
also

got stuck, and when I finally got my jeep free, there was a small pool of diff fluid, but I am unable to find a leak..... rather odd if you ask me.... any help you guys have would be greatly appreciated........

Thanks in advance
Rob Maner

sounds to me( i am dealing with the same thing linkage wise) like you lost the bolt or lock nut on the linkage and it slipped backward. put the shifter where 4lo should be....crawl under there and try to see if you can release the lil lock bolt on the upper arm...where it stopps should be where it needs to be..atleast that is how i did mine...

Maier

Back