• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 Parts jeep

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I picked up a parts rig yesterday. We thought it would be a possible budget trail rig, but the frame is bent. The carcass will be available for anyone that is interested. Here is what will be available:

87 XJ 2 Door - major front-end damage
4.0 non-HO
NP231 t-case
AW4 tranny
nice t-case crossmember
factory t-case skid
both doors are in good condition
front seats are thrashed
rear bench is good (red)
rear glass with vent windows
D35 rear
no front axle
no powersteering pump
no gas tank
cracked rear hatch
wheels and tires (will sale seperately)

If interested, let me know. You can buy the whole rig really cheap or buy the parts, but you have to remove them.

I will post pics in the next day or two.

Thanks,

Additional info:

good hood
doors have power windows and mirrors
A/C - (on-board air possibility for someone)
tail lights (good condition)
chrome rear bumper w/end caps
rear hatch is cracked, but useable (good glass)
Huge factory pop-up sunroof
factory fender flares

The interior is red. The body is black.

I would like to claim...

Taillights, turn signals, and running lights (whatever's usable)
Headlamp buckets and grille
Doors (I'll clean them up here - I'm after the glass, regulators, and such)
A/C Compressor and mount bracket, if known to work
Transfer Case shift Bezel
Transmission Shifter Bezel
Battery Tray
Headliner board
dome lights
instrument cluster (whatever type - I need another set of gages, or a carcass to experiment some setups with)
Upper Radiator Crossmember
that little shelf that holds the "football" tank

The Big Stuff:
Engine (if you're willing to part with it - I need it for school this year. Engine Machining...) (compleat, if possible. OK if disassembled for handling)
Electronic Controls (TCU/ECM) (for pet RENIX Project)
Underhood Wiring Harness (for pet RENIX Project)
Underdash Wiring Harness (for experimentation)

Arrangements have been made for pickup - let me know if there's anything you'd like me to look for to send by return Relay Ship...

5-90

olympic4x4tech said:
i need the sensor that is in the t-case that indicates what gear the t-case is in. do you have one?

I have a spare np231 you can snag that off, if it has it.

olympic4x4tech said:
i need the sensor that is in the t-case that indicates what gear the t-case is in. do you have one?

Heck, I don't know. The thing was in an accident a few weeks ago. It was running fine. It cranks and moves now. Underneath has no scratches, meaning it probably never went offroad. The guy we bought it from never took it offroad for sure.

You are welcome to swing by and take a look.

Thanks,

How much do you want for the rear spoiler? Where in OC are you at?

Eddie

Eddie G. said:
How much do you want for the rear spoiler? Where in OC are you at?

Eddie

Hey Eddie,

The rear hatch has been claimed, as is. I will let the guy know you are interested in the spoiler. I am in Costa Mesa for know. I will be moving to Lake forest next weekend. I may move the parts rig this weekend.

Thanks,

Hey gang,

There are still some good parts available on this thing. I will be bringing it to Mike R's place on the 17th. Some of the parts have been sold, but not removed. I will have them listed as NOT AVAILABLE. The chrome rear bumper, tail lights, rear glass, engine, tranny, t-case, A/C compressor, and hood are still available, as well as several small pieces. Bring your tools and money to get what you want.

The following items are sold/claimed: wheels/tires, doors, gas tank, rear hatch, both axles, power steering pump, and front drive shaft.

Let me know if you are interested in somethign before the 17th. There is one guy that may be interested in the whole rig (less the items that are claimed).

Thanks,

Robert

Cowboydoc said:
Do you still have the hood and how much are you looking to get out of it?

I sent you a PM. The hood is available. Give me a call with any questions 714-319-7135.

Thanks,

Hey Rob, whats the Guage cluster? is it a 2 guage w/ idiots, or a full cluster?

sintax said:
Hey Rob, whats the Guage cluster? is it a 2 guage w/ idiots, or a full cluster?

It has the tach, speedo, oil pressure, gas, temp, & volt guages.

Want it?

Come and get it. It's at my house in Costa Mesa right now. It will be Mike R's place next Sat.

Call me with any questions.

THanks,

rpraterxj said:
It has the tach, speedo, oil pressure, gas, temp, & volt guages.

Want it?

Come and get it. It's at my house in Costa Mesa right now. It will be Mike R's place next Sat.

Call me with any questions.

THanks,

sweet. I am going to start taking the train to work from now on (into Orange) so i wont have a car. I'll either drive one day next week and come by and steal it from you, but I'd rather come down to Rollins deal, Just have to see how things look next weekend for me. I'll be in touch though.

Hey gang,

Here's an update on the parts Jeep.

There are still some usuable parts. If someone does not want the whole Jeep, it will be sent to the boneyard at the end of October.

Here is what is available:

Hood (black)
Rear side glass (2 door)
Large aftermarket sunroof (pop-up)
Renix 4.0 engine with A/C
Instrument cluster
5 aluminum Jeep factory wheels
rear chrome bumper with end caps
Rear D35 with 4.11 gears
Steering column
Factory t-case skid that bolts on to the cross member (I actually have 2 of these)
Factory suspension front and rear

I will sell the whole thing for $150 or make offer. You will need to arrange to have it hauled to your location. There is currently no front axle, but I am working on getting something for it so it can be towed easier. I am looking for 2 wheel drive front axle.

PM me or post up if you are interested.

You can see the pics here, before parts were removed.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c...d&x=0&y=-497kt2

Thanks,

Hey whats the poss of offering you like 50$ then for the intake and exhuast manifolds with all thats attached to them?

Rob
[email protected]

Back