• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Differential Tube

jakejorgenson

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sort of new at this so this is sort of a simple question...On the back of my front differential (towards back of the car) I have a tube that comes out of the top side. What is that tube for? In driving around this past week, it seemed to come loose from somewhere and the end not attached to the differential is hanging nearly to the ground in front of the track bar. Is it supposed to attach to somewhere? Thanks.

jakejorgenson said:
I'm sort of new at this so this is sort of a simple question...On the back of my front differential (towards back of the car) I have a tube that comes out of the top side. What is that tube for? In driving around this past week, it seemed to come loose from somewhere and the end not attached to the differential is hanging nearly to the ground in front of the track bar. Is it supposed to attach to somewhere? Thanks.

If it comes off the front pumpkin, it's your vent tube. Plug it back in as you don't want crap getting in through that little hole.

The one end is plugged in to the back side of the front pumpkin, the other end was just hanging down to about 6" from the ground (on a Jeep with a 4" lift and 32's). The tube is like 4 feet long or something. What is this tube supposed to do (why vent the front diff?) and is is supposed to connect somewhere up above to keep it off the ground?

It is secured up on the firewall near the top, just tie it up there somehow. You must vent any gearcase to prevent pressure from building as it gets warm.

HTH

Rev

Back