• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor Mounts acting wierd????

hudsxj

NAXJA Forum User
Well I guess not really wierd just messed up.
First off freind got a drivers side mount that we just replaced and it is setting up to far forward. The Rubber thing ( forgive me I dont know the term ) on the inside of the mount has moved forward about a quarter of an inch. Looks to far forward and would like to know if it is a problem, already sent a fan through the radiator dont want to do it again. Also the passenger side mount is fine, looks like its supossed to. Any thoughts?

Sencondly, my drivers side mount has 2 cracks in it. Its not moved at all just has the cracks in it, the rubber thing inside that is. My friend sent his fan through the radiator because his mounts were gone cracked and moving. Mine is just cracked. Want to know if this needs to be fixed right away or can I waint and wheel it without it being a problem. Would like to avoid replacing the radiator. You know how it is.

hudsxj said:
Well I guess not really wierd just messed up.
First off freind got a drivers side mount that we just replaced and it is setting up to far forward. The Rubber thing ( forgive me I dont know the term ) on the inside of the mount has moved forward about a quarter of an inch. Looks to far forward and would like to know if it is a problem, already sent a fan through the radiator dont want to do it again. Also the passenger side mount is fine, looks like its supossed to. Any thoughts?

Sencondly, my drivers side mount has 2 cracks in it. Its not moved at all just has the cracks in it, the rubber thing inside that is. My friend sent his fan through the radiator because his mounts were gone cracked and moving. Mine is just cracked. Want to know if this needs to be fixed right away or can I waint and wheel it without it being a problem. Would like to avoid replacing the radiator. You know how it is.

replace the mounts, if it is cracked it is toast, it the mounts appear to be forced forward on one side the the tranny mount is gone too....it is most important mount

I thought that was the answer, and I already have a tranny mount that I need to put on tomorrow as I broke one of the bolts off! Anywho thanks for the help.
Hudson

ok so, I just spent all of my paycheck trying to get this piece of junk fixed and now, after I put a new radiator, motor and trans mounts. The drivers side mount still sticks out too far forward, any ideas on what to do next? I dont have any money for two weeks and I really can not afford another radiator, so I have to make sure that this is all done correctly the first time. are there different mounts for each side? Also how long can I run the trans crossmember with only three bolts? I broke one and then broke an easy off inside of it, yeah not a good thing.

yes the mounts are bolted in and I still have about a 1/4" of rubber sticking out past the front of the steel. Do I need to worry about it? or does it matter? Could there be any other damage that I need to check for? thanks

hudsxj said:
yes the mounts are bolted in and I still have about a 1/4" of rubber sticking out past the front of the steel. Do I need to worry about it? or does it matter? Could there be any other damage that I need to check for? thanks

if they are fully bolted in then no problems :wave:

Back