• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.8L wiring diagram & vacuum diagram?

BJ's Off-Road

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a wiring diagram and a vacuum diagram for a 1986 XJ with a 2.8L turd? I found a few hoses that were plugged, a few electrical lines that didn't go anywhere, etc. Trying to get this putter back up and driveable.

My email is [email protected]

BJ's Off-Road said:
Does anyone have a wiring diagram and a vacuum diagram for a 1986 XJ with a 2.8L turd? I found a few hoses that were plugged, a few electrical lines that didn't go anywhere, etc. Trying to get this putter back up and driveable.

My email is [email protected]
Vacuum diagram is on the firewall. I found the Hayes manual has good wiring diagrams.
There are 2 versions of the 84-86 2.8L diagram. Use the one with out the computer for the normal HEI/ Carb setup. The Computer version was CA only I believe.
Enjoy :)

Funny, my Haynes has the 2 versons I spoke of. Also even posting a link to a FSM here will earn you a repremand from the SySop (been there, got that slapped).

The wiring on the 84-86 is about the same as the early 2.5L and 4.0L models because except for engine management, the Chassis is the same.
Emissions vacuum diagram was manadated to be posted on the firewall or hook on all vehicles. Most 2.8L Engine management on most models was vacuum control emissions with an emissions Rochester Carb and a standard HEI distributor, and you can find that info in most any Haynes, Motors... under something like an early S-10.

If you are looking for some specific info, the Forum can probably help, otherwise it's off to the book store for you :D

Back