• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Leak on 94 Sport

critik

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, so I figured it'd be in my best interest to start a new thread. I'm generally unfamiliar with engines (but trying to learn), so I can't necessarily narrow this down to anything that I can search...although I did look briefly with no success.

I have a leak on my 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport (I6). I originally thought it was the transmission from where the leak was, but then I examined it closer today and found that it's actually coming from the back of the engine. To be specific, it's wet on the right side of the engine...towards the back. There are two bolts that seem to be wet. One seems to be attached to a ribbon-like wire that seems to be for grounding? It's more towards the rear. And another is more towards the front, but close by, and it has a white electrical connector going into it.

Also, just as a note...but it appears to have a new head gasket.

The leak doesn't seem to be that bad, but I really hate to have a car leaking...however small. It's just a personal thing.

Valve-cover gasket, very common problem. You'll need to remove the valve cover, clean the mounting surfaces, and replacethe cover, with either a new gasket, RTV silicone, or both.

Back