• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URGENT NEED D44 Brake hardware!!

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, we were installing Brendan’s D44 today and it looks like he’s missing a few pieces.
1. One piece that goes into the cylinder that pushes the brake shoe
2. That one long wire with hook on one end and loop on the other end
3. That metal piece that is used on the adjuster to adjust the brakes

Call Brendan @ 562 397 3087

That sort of hardware should be avaliable at your local napa (wheel cylinders, springs, adjuster thingy maybe parkbrake cables). Make the counter guy drag out the brake hardware catalogue if you need to. The D44 has 10" brakes, right, somebody? Incase you need to know? I remember buying a box of all those pieces once and we do stock those brake odds and ends there.

Well All I currently need is the cable with the loop at one end and the hook at the other.
Curtis had two out of the three parts.
I will give napa a call in the morning

Thanks...

you can also jsut swap on the D35 backing plates and all the other brake hardware. You may even be able use just the parts from the d35.

Or it is also an excellent time to convert to discs

sintax said:
you can also jsut swap on the D35 backing plates and all the other brake hardware. You may even be able use just the parts from the d35.
Yeah... but the 44 has bigger brakes. Anyways thanks to quick action on Johnny's and Curt's part (Johnny coordinating and Curt providing parts :D) we got it all done. That last piece was available in NAPA and at this moment the jeep is up and running.

I knew that Curt's pile of spare parts would come in handy one day. :laugh3:

Thanks to All for the help and to Remi for the use of his Driveway and tool's.
Now if I can actually get the right shocks out of 4WP hasta
I will be happy.:sunshine:

Kejtar said:
Yeah... but the 44 has bigger brakes.

we are still talking drums here... I could not tell the difference between the brakes on my 35 and 44. If anything that wider (not bigger) shoe would only aid with brake cooling, though you the added friction material may give you a slight increase in distance, but i dont think it would be a measurable one.

Do the crown vic disc upgrade. Cost me about $150 from the yard to pull the parts. and they are amazing. i did them and it was great, then i did a 98 booster upgrade and it stops better than anything i've driven in a long time. Well worth the time, effort, $, and boy did it feel good to tear apart the drums knowing i'd never be using them again! oh and if you do the upgrade and need new seals, use p/n 18731 seals...i have some other "87 cherokee with d44" seals in mine and they leak like mad.

Back