• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear Sep 4th?

What trails are you thinking? John Bull, Holcomb, Onyx? Is Deep Creek open yet?

I amy be interested, if I am not moving. I will be moving either that weekend or the following.

Thanks,

Robert

rpraterxj said:
What trails are you thinking? John Bull, Holcomb, Onyx? Is Deep Creek open yet?

I amy be interested, if I am not moving. I will be moving either that weekend or the following.

Thanks,

Robert
John BUll and holocomb unless Deep Creek is open.

Hell...I'll go. I was supposed to go mountain biking in Mammoth Labor Day weekend. But there are too many things working against me.

Last I heard, Deep Creek is still closed.

I'll be up there Friday through Sunday. Where are you all going to be? Are there maps at the ranger station to John Bull? I went up there once and ended up following some Rubicons who stopped at EVERY little spot to lock and un-lock their lockers! What a joke! I don't think I even put my rig in 4wd.

FiSH~

Fish0411 said:
I'll be up there Friday through Sunday. Where are you all going to be? Are there maps at the ranger station to John Bull? I went up there once and ended up following some Rubicons who stopped at EVERY little spot to lock and un-lock their lockers! What a joke! I don't think I even put my rig in 4wd.

FiSH~
I'll be at the discovery center at 8:30 am (rather I'll be there at 8:15 leaving by 8:30 :D) and the rest of the day will depend on who all shows up. Holocomb and John Bull are going to be most likely trails, not sure though which direction I'll want to run them in (or order for that matter :D)

How bad are those runs....i might be interested, but have no lockers, and am only running 32's........

tcm glx said:
How bad are those runs....i might be interested, but have no lockers, and am only running 32's........
Tim went through all those trails on bald 31's last time around :D You might need a tug here or there but as long as you got rocker protection you should be good (and good TOW POINTS front and rear).

tcm glx said:

I have run Holcomb 3 or 4 times and John Bull once. I am at 3.5 - 4 inches of lift, 31" tires, no lockers, and factory gears. I do have skid plates and rock rails.

You should go and enjoy the run. Just get a good spotter, choose a good line, and tire placement. The trails are awesome! I am going to try to make this, but I just bought a house and I need to prepare for my move the following weekend.

Good luck!

Robert

rpraterxj said:
I am going to try to make this, but I just bought a house and I need to prepare for my move the following weekend.
in that case you better make it as I have a feeling you won't get to wheel for a while :D

Kejtar said:
in that case you better make it as I have a feeling you won't get to wheel for a while :D

No kidding. Not to mention I am gathering my parts to do some work on my rig. I now have a few items to install: 4.5 springs, SYE, HP D30, D44, and a couple of other little goodies. I will be gearing and locking the axles and adding 1-2 inches of lift as soon as the $$ comes in.

I am going to try to make it. I may have the wife and kid with me, maybe even have her drive it! Can we run Holcomb first? I am not sure I can run both in the same day. I know it all depends on # of rigs and trail traffic.

I will let you know for sure by Thur. We are planning on doing soem work in the new house on Fri & Sat. Not sure what is on tap for Sunday, but wheelin sure sounds liek a good break.

Thanks!

saki669 said:
How about the 3rd? I'll be camping up there friday,sat.. maybe sunday.
You are welcome to join in. :wave:

I might be there.

tcm glx said:

I ran them on 32's with no lockers. I didn't have any problems with clearance or traction. I did blow my dana 35 doing it, though.

If your light on the throttle that shouldnt be a problem .. I'm not light on the throttle. :)

I think I'll be there Remi, if my jeep's ready to go by then.

SO are we meeting on the 3rd or 4th?? I'm in if we do it the 3rd!! 0830 at the ranger station? Maybe a little earlier for breakfast? Lets get this finalized so I can tell the BOSS (wife).

FiSH~

Fish0411 said:
SO are we meeting on the 3rd or 4th?? I'm in if we do it the 3rd!! 0830 at the ranger station? Maybe a little earlier for breakfast? Lets get this finalized so I can tell the BOSS (wife).

FiSH~
can't do third: gotta get some stuff taken care of, so I'm going to be up there to run trails on the 4th (Sun).

Back