• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado to SoCal, who here and whats to wheel?

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, just moved here about a week ago, SoCal that is. I am from that other place full of wheeling...Colorado. I PMed Drunk Tank a while ago, seing as he was a transplant as well. Im up at Whittier College, going to get my edumacation, and play some fooseball! Well, I was just wondering whos in the area, wheres the closest to wheel. I'de love to get out when I can, between school and football and get to meet some of the fellow SoCalers, and do some wheeling. If you see a White XJ on 35's, longarms, and 9" rear thats me, I stick out like all hell around here. Well hoping to hear from some of the locals. Thanks.

freerider15 said:
Hey, just moved here about a week ago, SoCal that is. I am from that other place full of wheeling...Colorado. I PMed Drunk Tank a while ago, seing as he was a transplant as well. Im up at Whittier College, going to get my edumacation, and play some fooseball! Well, I was just wondering whos in the area, wheres the closest to wheel. I'de love to get out when I can, between school and football and get to meet some of the fellow SoCalers, and do some wheeling. If you see a White XJ on 35's, longarms, and 9" rear thats me, I stick out like all hell around here. Well hoping to hear from some of the locals. Thanks.
Well.... lets see, there is Calico, Big Bear, Johnson Valley, Truckhaven, Pismo, Hungry Valley.

freerider15 said:

The poets don't have football!!!!...Do they?

Welcome to sunny SoCal. I grew up in Whittier/La Habra Heights, now live in Fullerton. Come down to the MNG on Sept 12 (Scott, he beat us to it) and meet a few of the locals.

Welcome to SOCAL! Watch out for those CA girls, they seem to keep us out here. LOL. I moved here from GA about 12 years ago. Navy brought me here, girl kept me here. It's mostly a good thing, except the traffic, cost of living, crowds....

As for wheelin, like Remi said, there are soem good places not to far away. About an 1 to 1.5 hrs. Keep watch on the list and you will see runs posted. Remi is looking for people to wheel on Sept 4th, there's some people going on the 11th, and I know of a KJ groups that is running some trails in Big Bear on Sept 24th. Moab is at the begining of Oct. As things cool down, there will be more desert runs. These are great! Odessa & Doran are great. Most people call them Calico. Calico is just the ghost town at teh trail head. There are tons of other places to wheel. We have desert, mountains (not the Rockies), and sand dunes.

You can also do a search for SOCAL offraod clubs on Yahoo! or Google and you will find tons.

Also, there are monthly meet and greets really close to you. There is one posted for next week I think.

Good Luck wiht school and fooseball, but becareful....fooseball is the debil....LOL

Robert

humm in whittier? i work right down the street. Make sure you got an alarm winches tend to disappear around these parts, so do 9" and fender flares.

Well, no fender flairs here to worry about, no winch either. I might be able to make it to the MNG, but i doubt it as I only have 1 day off a week from football, so the shecdule is tight. I might not be able to do much until the end up the season, but we'll see how that goes. Hell I just got done yesterday changin tranny, oil, and gear fluids on my jeep, out in the friggen parking lot...fun.

freerider15 said:
you PM'd me? did I write back? damn my memory sucks like donkey ball!

Drunk tank said:
you PM'd me? did I write back? damn my memory sucks like donkey ball!

Do I know you? :D

freerider15 said:

Going wheeling the Labor Day weekend up to Swamp Lake. You’re more than welcome to join if you’re up for it. Swamp Lake is in the sierra Mtns. about 1 hr. East of Fresno. Fun/difficult trail and great scenery, let me know?

Thanks for the replies! What time is the MNG on the 12th? I looked at the thread and couldn't find a time. Luckily I have mondays off for football, just need to see if anything else is going on. I might not be able to much af any wheeling until the season is over (weekends booked for football). Do you guys do much wheeling later in the year, I might be able to hit one of those trips up. Oh another question, how is Cali on the whole "lifted jeep thing with fullwidth stanced tires, no muffler(kinda loud exhaust), and all that"?

freerider15 said:
Thanks for the replies! What time is the MNG on the 12th? I looked at the thread and couldn't find a time. Luckily I have mondays off for football, just need to see if anything else is going on. I might not be able to much af any wheeling until the season is over (weekends booked for football). Do you guys do much wheeling later in the year, I might be able to hit one of those trips up. Oh another question, how is Cali on the whole "lifted jeep thing with fullwidth stanced tires, no muffler(kinda loud exhaust), and all that"?

MnG people start to show up anywhere from 6-7.

As as modified vehicles, it can be hit our miss. Although I've got a story about modified vehicles in Whittier. My brother and I went to HS in Rosemead and we drove Mar Vista every morning. He had a Baja Bug with an open Tri-Mil exhaust. There's two signals on Mar Vista and one morning we got pulled over by one of Whittier's finest. It seems that one of the residents didn't appreciate the fine tuning of a VW motor revving at 3000rpm coming off the stop light every morning at 630am

saki669 said:
Hey... come to Big Bear on the 3rd. My buddy wants to ride your backside again. :anon:

HAHAHA!!! wpnt happen in big bear. plus, now im geared down and locked in the rear. And I got a set of 37" MTRs sitting in my garage right now :evil:

Welcome to SOCAL!! I am also a Colorado transplant, from Pueblo. Met my wife and thus stuck here. Not too bad but the cost is outrageous, then again I went home last year and Colorado is not getting much cheaper either. See ya on the trails!

I'm new to the 4x4 scene in SoCAl as well. Located in Orange County with a 99 XJ (no winch or cool stuff, just stock suspension with K&N, Jet Chip for now).

I too need some new friends to offroad with. I'm not familiar with the area so I really need to get in touch with those who know all the spots.

Hit me up!

Back