• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know how to install gears/lockers in Nor Cal?

LJRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning to order gears for both front and rear axles. Also Electrac locker for my rear dana 44 axle. Labor cost is dang expensive at 4Wheelparts shop. Wondering if anyone is capable to install them for me (I will pay $$) or do you know any place that can install them at a reasonable cost? Thanks!!

Where are you located?

I'm not sure you will find huge differences in cost per hour between shops. The main thing I would look for is recomendations of people that have had work done there. I would rather pay a little more for a reputable shop than try to get cheap labor that will cost me more down the road.

Dan

I am in Fremont. Yeah, I am trying to figure whether I should buy parts via internet which is very cheap then have someone to install them or buy thru 4x4 shop and get a special price for package including labor. I am trying to save several hundreds for something else. :) Since you are in Livermore, do you know a good 4x4 shop in Bay Area?

I wasn't about to do mine myself so I had Bayshore Truck Equipment do mine. A friend recommended them. I can't say how their price matched others but they were cool to deal with and I haven't had any problem, though it's only been two years.

Bayshore Truck Equipment Co., 267 S. Vasco Rd., Livermore, 925-443-9400

Called Bayshore Truck and it is $1,350 installed for gears only. I also pm'ed Crash and will see what he has to say. :)

Back