• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Column???

fftrmedic

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone out there, know if the steering columns in the YJ's are interchangeable with the columns in the XJ's. I need a column for my '92 XJ and all I can find are ones for automatics and YJs. I need one for a manual tranny with tilt. I had to tear into mine due to a jammed ignition cylinder.

fftrmedic said:
Does anyone out there, know if the steering columns in the YJ's are interchangeable with the columns in the XJ's. I need a column for my '92 XJ and all I can find are ones for automatics and YJs. I need one for a manual tranny with tilt. I had to tear into mine due to a jammed ignition cylinder.

I have one in a parts 91XJ in my driveway. I can rebuild yours to if you would rather do it. I have had these things apart more than a few times over the years.

Mike R

Actually, I tore into the lower plastic because I couldn't figure out why my ignition was jammed. Tore it all to he!! Come to find out it was jammed down below at the switch. So I'm going to need a whole new one. Know of any? Thanks Gib

fftrmedic said:
Actually, I tore into the lower plastic because I couldn't figure out why my ignition was jammed. Tore it all to he!! Come to find out it was jammed down below at the switch. So I'm going to need a whole new one. Know of any? Thanks Gib

So does that mean you are interested in buying the used column in my parts Jeep?

fftrmedic said:
What do you got? I need one for a manual tranny with tilt. Jason

I got a 91 parts XJ with a tilt column that has a AX-15 trans in it, which is I think what you are looking for. I also have two automatic columns that have some salvagable parts in them (theft recovery).

Back